SS15 La Strada per CABIRIA and Cabiria Collections

June 22, 2011

New York, New York!

Hey folks!

Sorry I haven't been posting often here, but it's been a crazy few weeks. Some may know that I'm decamping from Georgia to New York, and I am now in MD, about 2/3rds of the way to New York. Today the adventure was talking to federal and state agencies to transfer my business over legally so I can maintain my WBE (Women's Business Enterprise) and DBE (Disadvantaged Business Enterprise) certifications. I thought it would be so much easier, but then bureaucracy is not something I tilt at every day. Silly me.

Did you know there's no business license class for "Clothing Designer", but there is one for "Bootblack" and "Blacksmith"? Weird.

My friend Christine got to see me wearing an early sample from a long ago version of one of my designs. This was when I wisely realized that I should hire professionals to produce my clothing if I wanted to sell it, but I still love the swingy dress on a hot day. With that in mind, I present to you LUCIA!


This is a halter neck sundress with a smocked back and a peaked center front waistline. The bat wing halter ties are weighted so the weight of your bust is cantilevered over your back instead of against your neck. The shape of them add two other features: the width of them drape across your back, revealing and concealing enticingly, and (here's the super cool part) they are shaped with a button and loop feature that attach in a way to let you have bat wing sleeves if you so desire. "Oh, here I am at this conservative thing. I wish my shoulders were covered." Done. "Such a nice day, I want to feel the sun kiss my shoulders!" Done again.

I'm so into this design, it's why I've been messing with it for such a long time.

Hope you enjoy!

-Eden

2 comments: